Configure your Windows 7, 8, or Vista Computer to Print to Pharos
IMPORTANT: The CUMC Pharos printing system was upgraded in December 2015. If your computer was set up to print using the old system be sure you uninstall Pharos completely before installing the current version.
Any Windows computer using Pharos prior to December 24th, 2015 must first uninstall the program, otherwise please skip to install instructions below.
- Find the Pharos Unistaller program:
- Windows 8: Search your Apps list for Pharos and click Uninstall Pharos
- Windows 7: Select Start in the lower left, then All Programs - Pharos and select Uninstall Pharos
- Click Next at Pharos Uninstallation window that appears.
- In the Select Components window check the Pharos Updater, Pharos Popups option and click Next
- Click Next in the Pharos Directory window.
- In the Start Uninstallation window click the Start button.
- The uninstaller will show its progress and change to a Finished message when completed. Click the Finish button to exit.
- Pharos will no longer appear in your Apps or Programs list, or in the computer's available Devices and Printers.
Pharos Black and White (CUMC_B&W) and Color (CUMC_Color) printer queues will be set up on your computer when you have run the installation file(s) using the steps below.
NOTE: You must have administrative rights on your computer user/login account.
- Make sure your computer is directly connected to the campus network, via Athens wireless, VPN if off campus, or on-campus wired.
- Click here to go to the Pharos Uniprint website, then select a link for the installation file download:
- To install both types of printers (black and white and color) at once, select CUMC Pharos
- To install either type of printer separately, select CUMC Pharos Print B&W for black and white or CUMC Pharos Print Color for color printers.
- When prompted, Save the .exe file to a desired location on your computer. The file itself can be deleted once you have completed its installation.
- Browse to the file you have just downloaded and double-click on it to open. If you see a warning window regarding allowing the program to make changes to your computer, select Yes.
- Click on the Install button in the lower right corner of the window that appears. The Pharos package will install. NOTE: If you receive Symantec error windows during the installation, click on the Close button in the lower right to close the error and continue Pharos installation.
- Once installation has completed, select the Finish button in the lower right corner of the install window.
- Pharos is now set up on your computer. The Pharos printer queues are:
- CUMC_B&W - for any black and white Pharos printer, including multi function
- CUMC_Color - for the color printers in the Hammer building.
If you see a Failed to connect to host... window when sending a print job, make sure you are directly connected to the campus network via Athens wireless, VPN if off-campus, or campus wired.
If you are using a third-party firewall program, try temporarily disabling it and printing again. If that works, you'll need to configure your Firewall to permit outbound connections on port 28203. If you are using the built-in Windows Firewall, you do not need to make this change.
| TOP |
Last updated 2/03/2016