Set Up an iPhone for CUMC IT Exchange
CUMC IT Exchange accounts allow departments at to use Microsoft's robust email and calendaring systems via Outlook. iPhones may also be configured for an Exchange account, so your email and calendar(s) can be viewed and accessed from your iPhone.
For additional information on CUMC IT Exchange accounts please click here.
Additional Configuration Options
- On the main iPhone display, select the Settings icon:
- Select Mail, Contacts, Calendars.
- Select Add Account.
- Select Microsoft Exchange.
- Enter the following information
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org - use your actual Columbia UNI (ex: abc1234) instead of youruni
- Domain: mc
- Username: type in your UNI
- Password: type in your CUMC IT Exchange email password (it should be the same as your login to the MC domain)
- Description: type in a desired name for the account on your iPhone, such as CUMC IT Exchange
- The iPhone will try to connect to the CUMC IT Exchange server. If the server cannot be located, fill out the additional information that will appear:
- Server: mail.cumc.columbia.edu
- Use SSL: move the slider to the On position
- On the Exchange ActiveSync screen you can choose what type of the email items you want to synchronize. Move sliders to desired positions to bring your Exchange mail, contacts or calendar items to your iPhone.
- The last option on the ActiveSync screen is Mail days to sync. It will allow you to sync your Exchange items for specified period of time. Note: Please be cautious when choosing No Limit options, you need to make sure that you have a sufficient amount of free disk space on the iPhone, otherwise email delivery may fail.
- To turn alerts sounds for new or sent mail on or off, use the Sounds settings.
- To set how many lines of each message are previewed in the message list: Choose Mail, Contacts, Calendars - Preview, then choose a setting. You can choose to see up to five lines of each message. That way, you can scan a list of messages in a
mailbox and get an idea of what each message is about.
Set a minimum font size for messages: Choose Mail, Contacts, Calendars - Minimum Font Size, then choose Small, Medium, Large, Extra Large, or Giant.
- Set whether iPhone shows To and Cc labels in message lists: Choose Mail, Contacts, Calendars then turn Show To/Cc Label on or off.
- Set whether iPhone confirms that you want to delete a message: Choose Mail, Contacts, Calendars and turn Ask Before Deleting on or off. If Ask Before Deleting is on, to delete a message you must tap, then confirm by tapping Delete.
- Set the default email account: Choose Mail, Contacts, Calendars - Default Account, then choose an account. This setting determines which of your accounts a message is sent from when you create a message from another iPhone application, such as sending a photo from Photos or tapping the email address of a business in Maps. To send the message from a non-default account, tap the From field in the message when you are composing it and choose another account.
- Add a signature to your messages: Choose Mail - Signature, then type a signature. You can set iPhone to add a signature—your name, title, and phone number, for example—to the bottom of every message you send from the iPhone.
| TOP |