SPSS Site Licenses For Windows and Macintosh
Purchasing and License Period
Licenses for the July 30th 2014 to July 29th 2015 period are now available.
- The license period is fixed by SPSS and cannot be prorated. Regardless of when you purchase and install your license, the program will only run during this period.
You must verify SPSS version compatibility with your computer(s) prior to ordering. Please contact SPSS Support or see their System Requirements.
- SPSS orders cannot be refunded for any reason once the online form has been submitted. If you have any questions contact us prior to submitting a license request.
This page, the License Distribution Rules page, and the SPSS FAQs contain detailed information on using and licensing SPSS from CUMC IT.
SPSS versions 22 and 21 are compatible with most current versions of Windows and Macintosh, however you must verify version compatibility with your computer(s) prior to ordering. Refunds will not be given under any circumstances. See the SPSS current System Requirements and or contact SPSS Support with any questions.
Available Versions and Products
SPSS 22 and 21 are available through Columbia University's license. Anyone running an earlier version will need to upgrade and should pick up an installation disc with their license order. There is no fee for installation discs, however only one can be given out per order/licensee.
Basic documentation can be found on the SPSS installation disk as PDF (Adobe Acrobat) files.
Other add-on modules are available for a fee directly from SPSS. Information on included products for SPSS 22 will be posted soon, the following are included for SPSS 21:
- Exact Tests
- Missing Values
- Neural Networks
- Complex Samples
- Decision Trees
- Data Preparation
- Direct Marketing
The CUMC IT Service Desk provides this license as a service to the Columbia Medical Center community. Please refer to our site license rules prior to purchasing SPSS. We offer some telephone support for installing
SPSS. The licensee is responsible for maintaining and operating his or her own hardware and operating
SPSS Technical Support can be contacted directly for assistance on any issues or questions via chat, email or 800 number, please see the upper right area of their website for current contact information.
Cost and Payment
How to License SPSS
SPSS licenses are $79 each for the period of July 2014 to July 2015. There is no bulk pricing or pro-rating. There is no fee for the installation disc, however only one may be given out per order/licensee.
If you are not sure what to order, please see the FAQ titled How do I know what kind of license to order or whether I need an installation kit?
Please review all of these steps prior to submitting the online order form:
- Complete the SPSS Site License Agreement web form, linked at the end of these instructions.
- Once submitted please allow 24 hours for your request to be processed by the Service Desk staff. Pick up is only available between 9am and 5pm Monday through Friday.
- Stop by the Service Desk on the 2nd floor of the Hammer Building to sign your license and pick up any installation material.
- Licensee signature and a valid Columbia University ID card will be required to pick up software.
- Students licensing SPSS software may pay by credit card, cash, or check made out to "Columbia University". Faculty and Staff may pay by a Columbia University ARC chart string as well as credit card, cash or check. If paying by cash, please bring the exact amount whenever possible.
- You must agree to install SPSS on only those machines for which you have paid the license fee. This agreement is subject to auditing by SPSS Inc.
Click here to continue to the SPSS order form
The current license is for July 30th, 2014 to July 29th, 2015 only.
This is fixed by SPSS; the program will not run outside of this period.
Orders cannot be refunded for any reason once the online form has been submitted.
For queries on site licensing, please send an email to email@example.com.
| TOP |