Service Request Forms
Using the Request Forms
Please be sure that you fully understand the service(s) that you are requesting prior to submitting any form. If the information you submit is not accurate or complete your request may be delayed, incur additional fees or have to be re-submitted.
CUMC IT services can be requested using the online forms linked below. All requests require that you logon with a valid UNI and password prior to accessing the form.
- A description of each service can be found below this list, or you may call us at extension 5-Help, option 5, with any additional questions.
- These forms serve as an electronic record of your request. Shortly after you submit your request, you will receive an email with your request number for tracking purposes.
- Click here for a printable checklist of the technical information required for the Computer Installation, Software Installation, IP Registration, Update IP Registration, Network Port Activation and Network Port Installation forms.
Individual forms, categorized by the type of service:
The following gives basic information about each service. You can also click here for a printable checklist of the technical information required for the Computer Installation, Software Installation, IP Registration, Update IP Registration, Network Port Activation and Network Port Installation forms.
Computer and Hardware Installation Requests
- set up of a department owned new or existing (re-used) computer for a CUMC employee.
Computer Relocation - This form is for reconfiguring computing equipment only (computers, printers) that are being moved within the CUMC campus. Technicians are not able to perform the physical (lifting, carrying, etc) move of equipment. For information on the physical move of equipment please contact Facilities well in advance of your desired move date.
- All computer components, required software licenses and installation media must be available at the time of the Computer Installation appointment. If not the hourly Desktop support fee including any travel time will be charged, and the appointment must be rescheduled.
- Domain and Exchange accounts are not automatically included with a Computer Installation request. Please be sure to submit forms for these services as well if your employee does not already have a Domain or Exchange account.
- ARC billing information is required for this service.
- You will be contacted within 5 business days of submitting this form to arrange for a Computer Installation appointment.
Other Hardware Installation - set up of printer (network or local), scanner, lab equipment or other technical devices that are not a computer workstation.
Software Related Requests
Software Installation - request installation of software on a computer. Most software requires that you/your department provide proof of licensing and installation media (disk, USB key, network drive) at the time of the installation appointment. To purchase software installation media and licenses please use Columbia's Purchasing site or contact your Department Administrator.
Order SAS or SPSS Software Licenses - order licenses and installation media if needed for either statistical software program. Licenses are set to expire annually, within a specific range of dates that are set by the SAS and SPSS software vendors.
Accounts and Network Storage
Domain and/or Exchange Account - A domain account is used to login to computers connected to the MC domain, see the Computer Login and MC Domain Accounts page for full information. Exchange email accounts are used by CUMC faculty, staff and students, see the Email at CUMC page for details.
The Department Administrator's name and email address are required, as well as ARC information for billing. The employee needing an account must have already received their Columbia UNI.
Network Drive Access - storage space on CUMC IT managed Network Drives for faculty and staff who already have an MC Domain account.
NOTE: Only staff in an approved CUMC Certified IT Group can submit IP Registrations and Updates. Staff in a Certified IT Group will see the appropriate request forms listed when logging in to ServiceNow and selecting the Service Catalog link in the left; others will not be able to see the forms listed.
IP (Wired) Registration - please contact your Certified IT Group to submit this request. Connection to the wired campus network requires that a computer be registered via the Wired IP Registration Request form. This includes basic contact information on the computer's department and user, as well as the computer itself. Please see our Connecting to the Wired CUMC Network page for full details.
- Computers that are not being set up via the CUMC IT Computer Installation Request form are not automatically registered for a new IP request.
- Computers that are being moved or re-used on campus must submit the Update IP request form instead (see below).
- If you require activation of a data port, the Network Port Activation Request (see below) must also be submitted.
- Use of the wireless network does not require IP registration. Please see our wireless page for more information.
Update IP Registration - please contact your Certified IT Group to submit this request. This form must be submitted when a computer that has already been registered for the wired campus network either: changes location on campus, becomes the primary computer for a different employee/changes "ownership", is receiving a replacement NIC (Network Interface Card) or is being disposed of or otherwise removed from the campus.
Having current information on all systems connecting to the network allows us to accurately track available network addresses and connectivity on campus.
Network Port Activation - A network or data port is the port in the wall that a computer plugs into in order to connect to the wired campus network. These ports are not always "active", or connected to networking equipment in the infrastructure that provide access to the wired network.
If any registered computer has not recently connected at a network port it may require that the department submit the Activation request form. In addition, any ports that were previously used to connect a network printer, server or other specialized system will need to be re-configured on the networking infrastructure before a computer can use the same port. If you are not sure whether a port is active, please arrange for a technician to check the port well in advance of arranging for a computer set up.
Any computers or other systems that will be using the data port must also be registered for the wired network via the IP Request form in order to connect.
Network Port Installation - A Network Port Installation request is used to have a new network (data) port installed at a location on the CUMC campus. Once the request is submitted, CORE Resources and the cabling vendor will survey the location. A price estimate will then be given to the requesting department.
After a port is installed, port activation and network (IP) registration must still be requested as well.
VLAN Change Request - for systems moving from a specific subnet or section of the campus network; systems needing a VLAN change should have completed IP registration.
CUMC Firewall Exception Request - Incoming - request an incoming exception in the CUMC campus firewall. The request must be made by the owner who must be a Director-level or above person, or a Department or Division administrator (or a designated Departmental or Divisional System administrator), or a senior faculty member.
CUMC Firewall Exception Request - Outgoing - request an outgoing exception in the CUMC campus firewall. The request must be made by the owner who must be a Director-level or above person, or a Department or Division administrator (or a designated Departmental or Divisional System administrator), or a senior faculty member.
CUMC Proxy Exclusion Request - request a website currently blocked by CUMC proxy services be allowed. Please review all information on the Proxy Appliance Services page before submitting a request.
Bandwidth Exception Request - submit information related to work and/or academic needs on a system requiring a higher level of network bandwidth than Columbia policies allow by default.
CUMC Broadcast Email - submit information to send an email to the entire CUMC community. Please see additional information on the CUMC Office of Communications website.
Room Reservations - use the Resource 25 WebViewer program to request use of a CUMC IT managed classroom, conference room or computing lab for a special event.
Student Locker Assignment - receive a locker assignment when available. Lockers are only available on a first-come, first-serve basis for currently enrolled CUMC students.
| TOP |