Within Walking Distance of Everything the Medical Center and New York City Have to Offer
Practical and Cost-Effective
More than 1,300 students, faculty and post docs live in Medical Center accommodations, a practical and cost-effective way to live in Manhattan. Living on campus provides individuals with the opportunity to take advantage of all of the resources Columbia University and the City of New York have to offer. All of the residential buildings are located at CUMC and are within walking distance to academic buildings and labs, the library, the campus athletic center and the city’s subway and bus system.
Download the CUMC Apartment Housing Student/Tenant Information booklet and learn everything you need to know about being a tenant in CUMC Apartment Housing, from signing your rental agreement to billing schedules, and security deposits.
Stay safe: Print out a copy of the Fire Safety Brochure for residential apartment buildings.
Important Upcoming Dates
- April 14, 2015: All current Bard Hall residents who entered the 2015 Lottery and Apartment Selection process may select their apartments on the evening of April 14, beginning at 5:30 p.m. All groups and group members must be in attendance at Apartment Selection.
- April 15-June 1, 2015: All newly admitted students who require single housing and will be attending and/or enrolled in the 2015-2016 academic year to the College of Physicians and Surgeons, Mailman School of Public Health, School of Nursing, Human Nutrition program, School of Dental Medicine, Occupational program, Physical Therapy program, or Graduate School of Arts and Sciences may apply for CUMC on-campus housing online. Housing notifications will occur in mid-June 2015.
- April 15-June 1, 2015: Newly admitted students who require couples housing and will begin in fall 2015 at any of the schools or programs listed above may apply for CUMC housing online. Housing notifications for newly admitted students will occur in mid-June 2015.
- May 5-May 7, 2015: Current students who live in Bard-Haven Tower I and wish to renew their lease may do so between Tuesday, May 5 and Thursday, May 7. Click here for Bard-Haven Tower I lease renewal reporting times.
- May 12-May 14, 2015: Current students who live in Bard-Haven Tower II and wish to renew their lease may do so between Tuesday, May 12 and Thursday, May 14. Click here for Bard-Haven Tower II lease renewal reporting times.
- May 26-May 28, 2015: Current students who live in either Bard-Haven Tower III or 154 Haven Avenue and wish to renew their lease may do so between Tuesday, May 26 and Thursday, May 28. Click here for Bard-Haven Tower III/154 Haven Avenue lease renewal reporting times.
- June 9-June 11, 2015: Current students who live in 390 Ft. Washington and wish to renew their lease may do so between Tuesday, June 9 and Thursday, June 11. Click here for 390 Ft. Washington lease renewal reporting times.
Look up frequently asked questions for current and prospective students and tenants. If you don’t see your questions or concerns listed in the Housing FAQs, please contact the CUMC Office of Housing Services at email@example.com.
Lease Signing Tutorials
For more information on lease signing, click on one of the tutorial links below:
If you view the tutorial and still have questions or comments regarding the lease signing processes at CUMC, please contact the Office of Housing Services at 212-304-7000 or firstname.lastname@example.org.